Accountability at Lung Cancer Alliance
As a leading cancer charity, we conduct our support, education and advocacy programs exclusively for those living with or at risk for lung cancer with a firm commitment to accountability, transparency and good governance. We hold ourselves accountable in making sure that the current and future needs of those touched by lung cancer are met. Every dollar provided to us is used effectively and efficiently to accomplish our mission as validated by the following:
- We are the only lung cancer-specific nonprofit organization holding the highest 4 stars from Charity Navigator, the nationally recognized non- profit rating agency. To put that into perspective, American Cancer Society and American Lung Association are both 2 star charities.
- We are the highest ranked lung cancer charity by the American public – 5 stars – on GreatNonprofits.com.
- We are the recipient of the Independent Charities Seal of Excellence Award for the highest standards of public accountability, program and cost effectiveness.
- We remain an approved charity under the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC#12398).
- Recipient of Prevent Cancer Foundation’s Prevention Laurel for National Leadership for outstanding leadership in cancer prevention and early detection.
- We are the recipient of the Leadership in Advocacy Award by the Congressional Black Caucus.
“…an extraordinary organization… [when] I looked at their information…there was stuff I learned that I didn’t know about.” —Nancy Snyderman, MD
Efficiency and Effectiveness
Why We’re Effective
- We are patient advocates.
- We work with partners.
- We work locally and nationally.
- We leverage results