LCA Corporate Policy
Cancer Alliance is a national non-profit organization dedicated solely
to patient support and advocacy for people living with lung cancer or
those at risk for the disease.
Cancer Alliance partners with corporations and foundations on events,
programs and educational initiatives. All decisions relating to
partnerships and programs will reflect LCA’s primary responsibility to
fulfill its charitable mission and in accordance with the applicable
rules governing charitable tax-exempt organizations. Under no
circumstances will LCA operate for the impermissible benefit of any
private entity or individual. The policies are as follows:
- LCA does not accept funding from any tobacco interests.
- LCA does not accept any government funding.
- LCA has ultimate authority over program development and content.
- LCA does not endorse any specific medical product or provide medical advice to patients.
corporate partner wishing to reference LCA or LCA project in any public
relations, marketing or promotional materials or activities, must seek
the prior review and written approval of LCA.
reserves the right to approve the participation of third parties that
may be recommended for involvement in any program, project or event.
maintains strict safeguards over patient privacy and does not sell its
mailing list or provide its mailing list to any corporate interest.
materials and programs developed by LCA are the property of the Lung
Cancer Alliance and must carry the LCA copyright, and as such, cannot be
changed, modified or duplicated without prior review and written
permission from LCA.
- Any selected or recommended speakers will be required to disclose their relationship with corporate partners.