Lung Cancer Awareness Month is fast approaching with just two weeks until November! This is the time of year when our community comes together to raise awareness, educate and spread hope. There are lots of ways to get involved and make a difference. See which one makes sense for you!
- Attend an Awareness Event– Our signature Shine a Light on Lung Cancer events take place during November in over 200 healthcare facilities across the country. These events bring the lung cancer community together to learn about the latest and greatest in treatment and research, hear from survivors about their personal experience and connect with others who have walked in their shoes. Find an event near you!
- Get Social – Social media, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, are great ways to educate and inform your friends and community about the impact of the disease (you’d be surprised how many people don’t know!).
- Apply our Facebook profile frame to spread awareness (look out for it on November 1)
- Share LCA fact posts each “Fact Friday”
- Use relevant hashtags, #LCAM and #LCSM, to contribute to the conversation
- Contact Congress – Take your message to our nation’s leaders by sharing your personal lung cancer story or asking them to support the Women and Lung Cancer Research and Preventive Services Act. Remember, your elected official is working for you and wants to know what matters impact your life. Take action!
- Host a Fundraiser – Fundraisers don’t have to look like your mom’s bake sale. Make it work for you! Host a movie night or a wine tasting and ask your friends to make a donation to the cause. Our online platform makes it easy to set up your individual fundraising page and share it with your network. Check it out!
- Shop ‘til You Drop – When shopping Amazon, simply enter “Lung Cancer Alliance” as your selected charity on Amazon Smile and a percentage of your purchase will go to help those impacted by lung cancer.
- Share Your Story – Sharing your story more broadly is one of the simplest and most impactful ways to raise awareness and make a difference. Click here to submit your story for a “Survivor Spotlight” feature on LCA social channels or write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. Here’s a sample letter to get you started.