It has been one week since we announced our merger forming the GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer and shared how this new powerhouse will transform the future of lung cancer. We continue to be overwhelmed by the outpouring of support and enthusiasm and want to personally express our gratitude. Thank you to all the patients, survivors, caregivers, advocates, researchers, industry and public health leaders, who took the time to reinforce that we made a great decision that will bring accelerated and lasting benefits to you—our community.
The following enduring principles will guide our decisions and inform our core values:
- Putting patients first with programs that improve the lives of patients, those who are vulnerable and those at risk;
- Listening to our experts and connecting the right people to accomplish the difficult challenges;
- Staying community-centric and accessible to serve all who are impacted and those who are impacting the disease;
- Being reliable, always personal and productive; and
- Trailblazing and not afraid to challenge assumptions.
As we look to the future of GO2 Foundation’s work serving and advocating for the needs of the millions of people, our “community-centric” philosophy will be anchored by a unified voice and purposeful partnerships that will continue to break barriers and save lives.
GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer’s heartbeat will keep to the pace of “Whatever it takes. Whatever the need. We will get it done together.”
Bonnie J. Addario Laurie Fenton Ambrose
Co-Founder, Chair of the Board of Directors Co-Founder, President and CEO