2019 NATIONAL ADVOCACY SUMMIT
July 21-23, 2019
Who should attend?
All patients, survivors, caregivers and loved ones, healthcare professionals and advocates committed to fighting lung cancer will benefit from bonding as a community to ignite change in our national health policy agenda. By attending the National Advocacy Summit, you’ll be joining like-minded people from across the United States who are ready to represent the collective voice of the lung cancer community on Capitol Hill.
What to Expect
At the Summit, you will connect with other individuals impacted by lung cancer and participate in two days of sharing, learning and personal storytelling. Expect an empowering experience where you will gain:
- Knowledge—leading scientists and experts will speak about the latest research and treatment advancements and the critical role that collective advocacy plays in moving the needle.
- Training/Experience—expert-led advocacy training, mock meetings and lots of practice on how to communicate your personal story. Meetings with your state senators and representatives are pre-scheduled so you can focus on making an impact.
- Community Connections—by connecting and working with others in the lung cancer community you’ll be inspired, motivated and hopeful.
Together we will speak with one voice to our elected officials. You are the change for lung cancer.
|February 14th – March 30th : Early Bird Pricing||$50|
|April 1st – June 23rd: Regular Pricing||$75|
*Conference registration fees are non-refundable.
Lung Cancer Alliance is able to provide a limited number of travel scholarships to lung cancer patients and survivors. Scholarship applications will be reviewed and granted on a need-basis with geographic location taken into account for fund distribution.
Scholarship recipients are required to stay for the entire Summit (health permitting) and are asked to submit a statement after the Summit telling of their experience.
Scholarships are only available for lung cancer patients and survivors. If you are a caregiver in need of financial assistance, we have fundraising options available to you. To learn more about the scholarship application process and to apply for a travel scholarship, follow the below link to the Travel Scholarship Application.
Want the opportunity to fundraise your way to the 2019 National Advocacy Summit? We’ll give you the training you need to raise funds during an online webinar.
- Raise $1,200 and receive up to $650 travel reimbursed plus up to 2 nights hotel at the Washington Marriott at Metro Center.
- Raise an additional $500 ($1,700 total) and have the opportunity to bring a friend/loved one (would share a hotel room with you) and receive travel up to $500 for the second person.
During the online webinar, you will learn how to set up your personal fundraising page, share your story effectively, make an ask, say thank you, fundraise through social media and more! You’ll leave the class armed with the tools to raise TONS of money to support your journey to DC.
**Please note that $1,200 is the minimum amount that can be raised to receive travel and hotel reimbursement.
Hotel and Travel Information
The conference will take place at the Washington Marriott Hotel at Metro Center. The Summit hotel room rate is $199 per night (plus taxes) and runs from July 21-July 24, 2019. Below are details on location and booking your room. Please note – the last day to book your room through the hotel block is Sunday, June 23, 2019.
Washington Marriott At Metro Center
775 12th Street N.W., Washington, DC 20005
To book your room online CLICK HERE.
To book your room over the phone, call 800-393-2510 and book under the hotel block “Lung Cancer Alliance Conference Summit.”
Three airports serve the Washington, D.C. area:
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) is located 4 miles from the Washington Marriott at Metro Center. Taxi fare is approximately $20 each way. Visit DCA airport website.
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) is located 27.2 miles from the hotel. Taxi fare is approximately $75 each way. Visit IAD airport website.
- Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) is located 32.2 miles from the hotel. Taxi fare is approximately $85 each way. Visit BWI airport website.
*Washington Marriott at Metro Center does not provide shuttle service.
The hotel is located a block from the Metro Center metro station. For Metrorail schedules and fares, please visit WMATA or call 202.962.2033.
The hotel is located 1.5 miles from Union Station. For train schedules and fares, please visit Amtrak or call 800.872.7245.
Click here for an interactive map and driving directions to the Washington Marriott at Metro Center Hotel.
Valet Parking: $51/day plus tax.
|Monday, July 22, 2019
Washington Marriott Hotel
|10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.||Registration|
|11:30 a.m.||Lunch Buffet|
|12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m.||Opening Session|
|1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m.||Keynote Speaker|
|2:00 p.m.-3:45 p.m.||Panel Sessions|
|3:45 p.m. -4:00 p.m.||Break|
|4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.||Advocacy Training|
|5:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.||Reception & Award Presentations|
|Tuesday, July 23, 2019
|7:00 a.m.-8:00 a.m.||Buffet Breakfast|
|8:15 a.m.-9:00 a.m.||Board Bus to Capitol Hill|
|9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.||Advocacy Day on Capitol Hill|
|5:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.||Buses return to Marriott Hotel|
|6:00 p.m. -8:00 p.m.||Summit Closing Dinner|
*Note there will a Pre-Summit Advocates only-Webinar Training in June. Additional details will be sent to registered participants via email.
Thank you to our 2019 National Advocacy Summit Sponsors!