WEEKLY ACTION CENTER
Lung Cancer Awareness Month is the time of year when our community comes together to raise awareness, educate and spread hope. There are lots of ways to get involved and make a difference. Throughout the month of November we will be providing you with a different action (big and small) each day. There is something for everyone – see which one makes sense for you!
November 12-18, 2018
- MONDAY | HOPE Learn about the latest drug approval for ALK+ non-small cell lung cancer patients.
- TUESDAY | ACTION Share your personal lung cancer story with the broader community to spread hope!
- WEDNESDAY | SUPPORT Check out 5 tips for caregivers on how to be the best support for your loved one with lung cancer.
- THURSDAY | CONTRIBUTE Give back with your next Amazon purchase by putting LCA as your charity of choice via Amazon Smile.
- FRIDAY | AWARENESS Share this fact with your social media network to raise awareness.
- SATURDAY | INSPIRE Fight stigma with these helpful tips from survivors.
- SUNDAY | EDUCATE How much do you really know about lung cancer? Take this quiz to find out.
BROWSE OPPORTUNITIES TO GET INVOLVED
Attend an Awareness Event
Our signature Shine a Light on Lung Cancer events take place during November in over 200 healthcare facilities across the country. These events bring the lung cancer community together to learn about the latest and greatest in treatment and research, hear from survivors about their personal experience and connect with others who have walked in their shoes. Find an event near you!
Let’s Get Social
Awareness Profile Frame: Apply a Lung Cancer Awareness or Survivor Facebook Frame to your Profile Picture. Click here and search “Lung Cancer Awareness 2018” or “Lung Cancer Survivor 2018.”
Join the Conversation: Use common lung cancer awareness hashtags, like #LCAM, #lungcancer and #LCSM, in your posts to contribute to the conversation online.
Share Your Story
Sharing your story more broadly is one of the simplest and most impactful ways to raise awareness and make a difference. Click here to submit your story for a “Survivor Spotlight” feature on LCA social channels or write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. Here’s a sample letter to get you started.
Take your message to our nation’s leaders by sharing your personal lung cancer story or asking them to support the Women and Lung Cancer Research and Preventive Services Act. Remember, your elected official is working for you and wants to know what matters impact your life. Take action online or set up an in-person meeting in your hometown.
Host a Fundraiser
Fundraisers don’t have to look like your mom’s bake sale. Make it work for you! Host a movie night or a wine tasting and ask your friends to make a donation to the cause. Our online platform makes it easy to set up your individual fundraising page and share it with your network. Check it out!
Shop Shop Shop
Know the Facts About Lung Cancer
Do you know fact from fiction when it comes to your lung health? Knowing the facts could help save lives! Test your knowledge of 5 common beliefs about lung cancer by taking this quiz. You never know when this information could help you or someone you love.
Don’t have time to host an event? Not savvy on social media? A monetary donation is one of the easiest and quickest ways to support the lung cancer community. Donate in honor of a loved one to let them know you are thinking of them.