National Screening and Care Conference
November 29-30, 2018
Who should attend?
Physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health care professionals (including administrators) who work directly in providing the service of lung cancer screening and treatment. This includes peripheral activities such as the provision of referrals to screening, smoking cessation services and follow up care.
Registration is open! Click here to register today.
* If you are not a Screening Center of Excellence but would like to become one to take advantage of the discounted rates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before you register.
|Screening Centers of Excellence Member||$200||$250||$350|
|Non-Screening Centers of Excellence Member||$300||$350||$450|
Conference Location and Accommodations
The conference will take place at the Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel located at:
999 Ninth Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
Room Block closes: November 7, 2018
*If you are a sponsor or exhibitor, at this time we respectfully request that you not use the room block as there are limited rooms available for healthcare professionals attending the event. We will alert sponsors/exhibitors if rooms in the block are still available as of November 2nd and we welcome reserving them at that time.
We have secured a special conference rate of $239.00 a night for a single and $259.00 for a double, not including taxes and fees, for conference attendees. Please contact the hotel directly by phone at 800-228-9290 and be sure to mention the “Lung Cancer Alliance Screening and Care Conference 2018” to receive the discounted rate. To make your hotel reservations online and receive the discounted rate, please use our special online reservation link.
After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Identify at least three ways to improve patient and provider knowledge and awareness about lung cancer screening
- Outline at least three approaches to addressing billing and coding issues in lung cancer screening.
- Identify at least two ways to overcome disparities in lung cancer screening uptake within the participants’ communities.
- Create a strategy to effectively manage patients with both screen-detected and incidentally found nodules and appropriately engage multidisciplinary evaluation.
- Identify at least three practical steps that can be taken to improve the participants’ lung cancer screening and care programs.
If cancellation is required, the refund deadline is October 14, 2018. For cancellation requests made up to that date, a refund will be given, less a $35 processing fee. A substitution request can be made at any time.
This activity is jointly provided by Global Education Group and Lung Cancer Alliance.
Physician Accreditation Statement
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Global Education Group (Global) and Lung Cancer Alliance. Global is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
* This CME/CE activity complies with all requirements of the federal Physician Payment Sunshine Act. If a reportable event is associated with this activity, the accredited provider managing the program will provide the appropriate physician data to the Open Payments database.
Physician Credit Designation
Global Education Group designates this live activity for a maximum of 7 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nursing Continuing Education
Global Education Group is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This educational activity for 7 contact hours is provided by Global Education Group. Nurses should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
Global Education Group (Global) requires instructors, planners, managers and other individuals and their spouse/life partner who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any real or apparent conflict of interest they may have as related to the content of this activity. All identified conflicts of interest are thoroughly vetted by Global for fair balance, scientific objectivity of studies mentioned in the materials or used as the basis for content, and appropriateness of patient care recommendations.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Event staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs (ie, physical, dietary, etc). Please contact The Event Professionals prior to the live event at (770) 760-9950.
Global Contact Information
For information about the accreditation of this program, please contact Global at 303-395-1782 or email@example.com.