Welcome to the National Lung Cancer Support Group Network! If you don’t find a group near you, please call 1-800-298-2436. Our caring and professional staff stand ready to help.
Research shows that the benefits of patients and caregivers attending in person support groups include increased feelings of support, control and confidence with a decrease in depression and distress. All of this may lead to improved survival.
Support Groups by State
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
National Support Group
Sentara CarePlex Hospital, Sponsored by Sentara Cancer Network, Hampton, Virginia
- Toll-Free By Telephone
- Open to anyone diagnosed with lung cancer, anywhere in the US
- Connie Bush, 1-888-220-2214
For Support Group Facilitators
Are you an individual or healthcare provider interested in bringing a lung cancer support group to your community? We can help! Through our National Lung Cancer Support Group Network, we provide free technical assistance, training and tools to establish and sustain your group, provide referrals for those reaching us for help in your area and establish a network of peers to share lessons learned and best practices.
As part of the Network, we provide support group facilitators with the following:
- A dedicated website page with your group information
- Access to our growing portfolio of patient-friendly educational materials for patients, caregivers and loved ones to better understand, manage and cope with a diagnosis
- Technical assistance as needed to help with the challenges associated with sustaining groups with our “Facilitator Guidelines” and “Troubleshooting Guide” publications
- Networking opportunities and connections to other support group facilitators facing similar issues or challenges, sharing best practices and lending support to each other. Read about a fellow facilitator in Florida and her six plus year support group.
- A quarterly e-newsletter with hot topics and special features that highlight your work and sharing lessons learned across the Network
- An opportunity to receive our National Support Group Award provided to facilitators demonstrating uncommon dedication to the community through their support group. Read about the most recent award recipient, Kerri Susko, LISW-CP of Greenville Health System, SC.
If you are interested in starting a lung cancer support group in your area or if you have any questions please feel free to contact Maureen at email@example.com.